What are they?
Using a compelling visual metaphor, Journey Maps are important organisational stories turned into a creative picture on a single page.
Why use them?
Successfully sharing an important organisational story, whether it be a strategy, vision or cultural change, can be a complex process. Getting cut-through, alignment, engagement and maintaining momentum around the story with key stakeholders can also be challenging.
Journey Maps allow you to overcome these hurdles as they share the fullness of a detailed initiative along with the clarity and simplicity of a great story – all wrapped up in a colourful and creative picture that grabs attention and gets people curious and ‘leaning forward’.
How do you create a Journey Map?
We lead a simple, rigorous, fast-paced yet creative workshop process to get your key stakeholders to co-create their Journey Map together, helping them to agree on the story and what the creative visual metaphor should be. We then take the output from the workshop away and finalise it as a static or interactive digital colour picture.
What are the benefits of creating a Journey Map?
- Unlock: the workshop process is designed to unlock your team’s imagination about the things that matter most in your story.
- Build: the workshop also helps build ambassadors for the final Journey Map so it is easier to socialise and share the picture when it is launched.
- Share: the final Journey Map can be used as a powerful communications tool as it allows people to consistently tell a critical organisational story in their own voice.
- Engage: the beauty of using a picture (and not Powerpoint or a word-heavy document) is it makes the story even more accessible and helps spark conversations and dialogue.
- Continue: we can help you create a campaign and supporting tools to roll out the Journey Map as a communications tool using a variety of engagement methods to connect people to your story over time and in different scenarios.